BIRDS OF EUROPE, RUSSIA, CHINA AND JAPAN - NON PASSERINES
This is one of two companion field guides that illustrate and describe all of the approximately 1,800 bird species found in the Palearctic — the huge region that includes Europe, Asia north of the Himalayas, Africa north of the Sahara Desert, and the Middle East excluding the Gulf countries. This volume covers non-passerines — non-songbirds, including raptors, owls, swifts, hummingbirds, cuckoos, and pigeons. It includes every non-passerine species and subspecies, in every adult plumage — all illustrated and described by Norman Arlott, a leading bird artist with many years of field experience.
The two volumes of Birds of Europe, Russia, China, and Japan are the only field guides to illustrate and describe every bird species in the Palearctic. And, for many parts of this region, these books provide the first and only field guides.
- Color plates of all field-identifiable species, including subspecies and color morphs
- Succinct facing-page text concentrates on key field-identification features, including voice
- Detailed distribution map for each species
- Well-researched and accessible
- Handy format — the ideal field guide
- Essential for anyone interested in Eurasian birds